Meeting Minutes

January 13, 2014 - Board Meeting

posted Mar 10, 2014, 6:41 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Condominiums

Meeting Minutes

January 13, 2014

Members Present:

Suhrco: Patrick & Carson

Saxony Board: Peter, Cece, Travis

Soltner Group Architects [SGA]: George

Call to Order: 6:40PM (Quorum reached) Executive Session

Homeowners Forum @ 7PM:

Discussed submission of claims to owner HO6 insurance policies, and possible documents that would prove useful for owners to provide if / when they wish to pursue a claim as a result of the recent assessment.  Peter and Patrick are working on gathering the appropriate relevant information to make available and publish on the homeowner’s website.

Review of monthly Financials – Nov 2013 (December year end financials not yet available)

BLDG G203 - After hours noise complaints in BLDG G doors in main hallways need maintenance.

Garage being used as storage facility – need to flag items for removal.  Patrick to review with Jordan on how to proceed.

Mailboxes have been left open by postman several times where entire row of boxes are exposed / unlocked.  This has happened on several occasions and Patrick will reach out to Redmond postmaster as appropriate.

Unit #19:

Inquiry as to status of loan for repair project.  Ongoing, loan manager is continuing review of Saxony’s financials per bank requests and pursuing loan options.  No official update at this time, however there may be an extension of time for homeowners to submit their final lump sum payment to the association without incurring interest / re-amortization fee.

Cece moved to approve payments outlined in Agenda, Travis seconded, and Peter approved.


Meeting adjourned @ 8PM


November 11, 2013 - Budget Meeting Minutes

posted Jan 26, 2014, 3:39 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Condominiums

2014 Budget meeting Minutes

November 11, 2013


Meeting called to order at 7:07PM

  • Roll call – all members present except Jordan Wallace.  Quorum is met.

    • For quorum 25% of 159 Owners required. Meeting attended by 50 and in proxy by 4 (54 total or 33%).

  • Proof of notice of meeting or waiver of notice

    • Board presented proof of meeting notice via sealed envelope.

  • Present 2014 budget

    • Patrick Bybee (Property Manager) gave homeowners overview of reserve study results.  Explained increases, necessity for increase and purpose of reserve study as it pertains to home owner associations.

    • F105 asked about reserve cap, Patrick explained we don’t have one.

    • C104 places motion on the floor to delay vote, TH20 2nds motion.  Motion fails.

    • Discussion - Board explained that vote has already been delayed since July, a delay which has cost significant increases in construction costs and further expert costs to educate homeowners about construction project.  C104 insisted they needed more time to familiarize himself, since they were just informed of the project.  

    • TH20 asked question regarding maintenance vs repair breakdown on reserve study

      • Patrick answered that reserve study focuses on maintenance work and not on repair, particularly this kind of construction defect work.

    • C305 asked the percentage by which the budget will be increased his year.

      • 30% increase for 2014 annual budget

    • A103 asked how much of the increase will go to funding reserves

      • Nearly all of the increase is going to fund reserves

    • D306 asked about association owned units 21 and 38.

      • Status is pending, association plans on renting to try and recuperate costs and owed money on ledger.

    • A104 asked if we can postpone the increase until 2015.

      • Currently we are only financing the reserves at 7.6%—an extremely low amount. Delaying the increase will leave reserves severely underfunded, and may jeopardize the association in qualifying for a loan.

    • Cece Moves to vote on 2014 budget. Peter seconds motion.  

  • Vote on 2014 operating budget

    • Townhomes voting: 10 YEA, 2 NAY, 21 NOT VOTED = Townhomes Budget is Ratified

    • Condos voting: 31 YEA, 6 NAY, 89 NOT VOTED = Condo Budget is Ratified

    • Budget is Ratified

  • Vote to Repair

    • C305 asks can we tear down existing garage and build a new one as that would be cheaper

      • Boardmembers explain that since garage slab holds 3 buildings it is not feasible to tear structure down and start over.  Furthermore, structurally the slab has been deemed ok. It does however need to be resealed and waterproofed to sop further water seepage into garage and first floor units of C, D and E buildings.

    • C104 moves that we suspend all activities until we interview different management companies.  

      • TH20 seconds motion.  

      • Motion fails

  • Vote to Repair (results)

    • With respect to the Construction Defect Repair, 80% owner vote of all owners required NOT to repair.

    • Voting: 42 YEA, 6 NAY, 111 NOT VOTED = Repair is approved

  • Present 2014 Supplemental Budget

    • C305 asks whether 25 year loan option was considered.

      • Board explained that 25 year loan options are not usually available or common with condo association loans.  Most range between 5 and 15 years. Research suggests that most are paid off within 7-8 years.

    • C305 asks what are the monthly fees associated and why do we have them?

      • Most fees are due to accounting (Suhco) and amortization fees. Exact fees will be determined once terms of loan and lender are finalized.

    • TH19 – Worst case scenario, what if people default what happens?

      • The loan is to the association and does not directly affect the equity or credit of any individual Owner. Failure to pay the supplemental budget assessment is no different than failure to pay maintenance assessments and the delinquency and collection policy of the Association apply.

    • TH19 also asks about clarification as to how long until loan approval?

      • We are expecting about 90 days from now, should the association approve budgets and repair.

      • (*) on presented budget states subject to change. What does this mean?

        • Budget is subject to slight changes due to bid updates or having to obtain new bids altogether due to construction prices going up over the last 6 months. The bid obtained for this project was completed in July. Board is hopeful that Remco Deacon will work with architect to update pricing, without having to undergo a whole new time consuming and costly bidding process.  

    • TH20 states that he wants a less expensive less intrusive solution to the problem that our community faces, and expresses concern that the board has not looked into all possible options.  

    • C104 wants to delay voting until his he has had a chance to look through all paper work.

    • TH20 states that free re-amortizations must be available to homeowners.

    • C104 asks why we have to take out a loan to repair future items.

      • Peter answers we are not taking out a loan to repair future items. That is what reserves are for.  This loan is to pay construction defect work that must be repaired as soon as possible as the association is under obligation according to the Declaration to do so. We cannot pay for this work with current funds, and the settlement costs do not cover the entirety of project costs.

    • TH20 asks what other options were considered to fund the project besides the one presented by the Board

      • Board explained that there is a lump sum option, in which the board has the authority to ask that all homeowners pay their share of the assessment at once, right away. Given the economy and the grave concerns expressed from homeowners, the board opted not to follow this option.  

      • Construction Loan. This is the option the board is currently seeking to approve, and believes gives homeowners the greatest number of options. Homeowners can pay it off in in one instalment if they wish, they can participate in the loan on a month to month basis, or do a mixture of both, by paying off a later time. The loan will go through the association and is NOT reflected on the credit of individual homeowners. Homeowners are also encouraged to seek out personal loans, which may have lower interest rates, should they choose or have the option to.  

      • Stretching the work out in a series of phases over a number of years. In this option the board looked at the potential to stretch work out over a number of phases through a number of years, to potentially minimize costs. The board opted not to do this, as there are concerns over ability of association to fund future work, given the incredibly low reserve account balance. It is unlikely to qualify for multiple loans, over multiple years, and board has been advised by architects, attorneys and loan professionals that it is much more cost effective to qualify and complete one project, rather than multiple ones. There are also issues which need attention right away, and action on repair has already been delayed 3+ years since initial investigative work found defects and damage. Warranty issues are also a concern, as piecemeal work is rarely warrantied. Lastly, homeowners have expressed a want to refinance and sell their condos with a clean resale certificate. This is a HUGE concern, as litigation, damages and pending assesment has kept prices of units at Saxony low compared to market value. This has further burdened homeowners, as banks are unlikely to approve loans on properties with our characteristics. Thusly, a one year project vs an undefined time table was deemed preferable by board.

  • Vote on 2014 Supplemental Budget

    • Voting: 39 YEA, 11 NAY, 109 NOT VOTED

    • Supplemental Budget is Ratified


  • Unfinished business

    • D305 wants to know about any hallway painting scheduled in the near future.

      • Board explains that although it would be nice and there are lots of similar fixes around the property that we would love to do, given our current financial status and the pending project it is not something that is prioritized at this time.

      • Board did obtain bids for door painting last year and it was substantially more money than we could afford at this time.

    • A104 asked about update on roof leakage and insurance claim denial.  

      • Board will follow up with A104 privately.


  • New business

    • C104 proposes to compensate or acknowledge  committee members who volunteered to review project scope

      • Patrick B.  explains that according to governing docs, compensating board or committee members is not allowed. Committee members were acknowledged and thanked at meeting.

  • Adjournment

    • Cece motions to adjourn meeting, Travis seconds.

    • Meeting adjourned at 9:30m

Town Hall Meeting #2

posted Oct 21, 2013, 9:03 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org   [ updated Oct 21, 2013, 9:04 PM ]

Construction Project Town Hall Meeting

Thank you for all who attended the town hall meeting on 10/07/2013.  We have made available the webinar for those who were unable to attend online.


Town Hall Meeting #1

posted Sep 23, 2013, 9:06 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org   [ updated Sep 24, 2013, 4:03 PM ]

Construction Project Town Hall Meeting

Thank you for all who attended the town hall meeting on 9/23/2013.  We have made available the webinar for those who were unable to attend online.

June 10th, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted Jul 9, 2013, 12:24 AM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

June 10th, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:02 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 3 Board members present

Approval of April Minutes: Board voted to approve minutes via email, executive minutes have not yet been approved.

 

Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of May, the Association had the following funds:


Operating Cash                                                                                     $132,273.98

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $12,586.00

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $325,146.58

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $5,449.29

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $14,166.56

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible  $115,070.48

Total Cash:                                                                                          $594,942.98

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

$1,640.00 – Suhrco Residential Properties, LLC

Items of Note

  • The construction settlement funds have been moved into a new account with Foundation Bank.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                       $7,031.15

Over 30 days                                                                                          $5,325.40

Over 60 days                                                                                          $2,555.62

Over 90 days                                                                                          $27,722.36

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $5,823.42

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $36,811.11

Homeowner’s Forum

  1. Eric Compton in A204 stated he was interested in how the community is run. Also, he wanted to know if the north A building intercom could be programmed with his information. The Board advised Eric to contact the board with his information needing to be programmed.

  2. An undisclosed unit owner has seen dumping of trash around the dumpsters and wanted to make the Board aware. The Board is already aware of this issue. Also, they wanted to let the Board know that they have witnessed possible narcotics activity. The Sammamish Police have been made aware of this issue and the Board asks all resident to call 911 to report any suspicious activity on the property.

  3. Caren Park in G203, states that there have been cigarette butts and garbage left around the property. The Board is asking the maintenance staff to address these issues.

New Business

  1. The Board approved and ratified the following:

    1. Soltner invoice for $555.

  2. The Board has asked Suhrco to get pricing for new signage in the garage warning residents that any vehicle (including motorcycles) parked in the garage will be towed unless parked in a marked space and that the garage is for vehicles only, anything else is subject to disposal.

  3. In regards to the construction project, the Board is still finalizing the construction meeting location and will be confirming the location with Suhrco shortly.

  4. The garage entrance ramp drain needs replacing. The original drain was never designed for vehicular traffic and is completely broken. Bids will be taken to assess the cost of a replacement. During this project, vehicles will not be able to enter or exit the garage and residents will need to be made aware.

  5. Bank signature cards were signed by Board members Jordan, Cece, and Charity.

  6. The HOA will be having its annual audit and so far everything looks to be correct and the Board does not expect any issues.

  7. The new Cabana rental policy will be that residents are no longer given a key. With the new lock installation, the Cabana renters will be given a code to open the front door only after their walkthrough has been completed. The Cabana will remain dead bolted during all other hours.

  8. The Board has adopted a new gate key replacement policy for resident owners. Suhrco will hand out keys to owners in the community if they lose a key. The first replacement key will be free and the second key will cost $20 if they lose the one they have already been given.

  9. In the garage there are a few lights that are not working correctly. Above space 20 the bulb continues to cycle on and off several times every few minutes. Maintenance will be made aware of this issue.

  10. Some of the sprinklers on the property are leaking a large amount of water when the system is running, possibly from a broken head. Suhrco will make Greg’s aware of this issue so the sprinkles are inspected.

Ongoing Projects

  1. None at this time.

Meeting Adjourned @ 8:06


May 13, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted Jul 9, 2013, 12:23 AM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

May 13, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:10 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 5 board members present

Approval of April Minutes: Board voted to approve minutes.

 

Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of April, the Association had the following funds:


Operating Cash                                                                                     $137,458.38

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $134,495.23

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $312,214.57

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $2,890.75

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $13,333.32

Total Cash:                                                                                          $590,642.25

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

None


Items of Note

  • The Board still needs to open a money market account for the Construction Defect Settlement funds, but we understand that this is being postponed until a loan has been secured so that the funds can be moved to the same bank.

  • HOA insurance premium was paid in full this month.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                       $8,064.16

Over 30 days                                                                                          $5,234.48

Over 60 days                                                                                          $5,080.55

Over 90 days                                                                                          $66,754.13

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $7,245.67

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $77,887.65

Homeowner’s Forum

  1. Karen Park in G building wants to remind residents that many residents will have windows open in the evenings and to keep conversations and noise to a minimum as nearby residents will overhear it.

  2. Tyler in D building asked why the plants in the planter boxes were removed. This is due to the upcoming construction project.

  3. D-206 requested a remote conference call for HOA meetings. The HOA is unsure if this is something we are setup to do. Patrick will look into it.

New Business

  1. The board approved and ratified the following:

    1. SGA invoice #20110639 in the amount of $5262.92.

  2. Cece signed the REMCO letter of intent.

  3. The board requested clarification on the programmable lock model to be installed in the Cabana. Patrick will clarify this with the locksmith.

  4. The board will send out an informational email to residents to see if they would like to have a summer garage sale this year and try to confirm a date.

  5. The garage entrance gutter drain is still broken. Patrick will get estimates to repair it.

  6. The cabana garbage disposal is not working. Sulio will be notified to fix the disposal.

  7. In regards to the sewer lift station, the HOA is considering drafting a letter to send to the City of Sammamish when there is an odor present. Shurco will handle drafting this letter.

  8. The HOA tax return has been signed by Travis, HOA Treasurer.

  9. Cece will sign the letter for moving the settlement funds to Foundation Bank.

Ongoing Projects

  1. The website has been updated with the most recent minutes according to Peter. Peter will place a notice on the site that the HOA does not have any control over units for rent and that possible renters should contact unit owners directly. Also, there will be a notice for residents with available parking spaces stating that they are allowed to rent these out.

  2. The newsletter is nearly ready to publish. Cece will be adding to it before the final publishing.

  3. The Kiosk will be getting a few new signs with additional information for residents.

  4. The storage room locks will likely need to be rekeyed as the HOA cannot locate a key to open these units. Jordan will contact a locksmith if necessary.

Meeting Adjourned @ 8:06


April 17, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted Jul 9, 2013, 12:21 AM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

April 17, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:02 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 4 board members present

Approval of March Minutes: Approved by board via email.

 

Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of March, the Association had the following funds:


Operating Cash                                                                                     $140,128.48

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $156,836.05

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $299,282.91

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $15,028.83

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $12,499.99

Total Cash:                                                                                          $644,026.26

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

$2,020.66 – Charter Construction

$100.00 – Suhrco Residential


Items of Note

  • The Board still needs to open a money market account for the Construction Defect Settlement funds, but we understand that this is being postponed until a loan has been secured so that the funds can be moved to the same bank.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                       $6,951.42

Over 30 days                                                                                          $6,753.07

Over 60 days                                                                                          $3,611.46

Over 90 days                                                                                          $65,189.53

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $6,295.08

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $76,211.40

Homeowner’s Forum

  1. Unit 19, inquired about colored dots which had been placed on various townhome units garage doors. It was decided that these were related to the newspaper delivery these homes receive.

New Business

  1. The board approved and ratified the following:

    1. The invoice for work provided by SGA

    2. Transfer of money from the insurance reserves to pay for the HOA insurance renewal

    3. Payment of Charter Construction invoices

Ongoing Projects

  1. Greg’s has not been picking up cigarette butts next to the east side of the B building. It is unclear if this falls under Greg’s duties or the Euromaintenance.

  2. The grass behind both F and G buildings is very tall and needs trimming. Greg’s will be notified about this.

  3. Locks on the cabana need to be replaced. The board is looking at direct cost from a locksmith.

Meeting Adjourned @ 7:50 PM


March 11, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted May 13, 2013, 6:53 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

March 11, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:01 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 5 board members present

Approval of February Minutes: Approved by board via email.

 

Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of February, the Association had the following funds:


Operating Cash                                                                                     $152,578.68

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $167,238.61

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $286,358.99

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $42,466.77

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $11,666.66

Total Cash:                                                                                          $640,559.71

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

None


Items of Note

  • The Board still needs to open a money market account for the Construction Defect Settlement funds, but we understand that this is being postponed until a loan has been secured so that the funds can be moved to the same bank.

  • We’ve completed the Insurance Claim for Building A. The 10k deductible is still unpaid by the homeowner, which shows as a negative 10K in the insurance claim sub-account.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                        $7,752.62

Over 30 days                                                                                          $3,997.55

Over 60 days                                                                                          $8,844.30

Over 90 days                                                                                          $56,398.54

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $9,191.67

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $67,801.34

Homeowner’s Forum

  1. Unit E202, this resident had his truck broken into last month and would like to setup a community watch. He recommended parking passes that attach to vehicles to note which vehicles belong to residents.

New Business

  1. The board approved a new towing agreement with Ken’s Towing. Ken’s will now be handling removal of vehicles from the property. New signs have been posted with a phone number for residents to call.

  2. The bid from Charter to replace the split rail fence at the back of the property has been approved via email.

  3. The dryer vents will be cleaned on the 28th and 29th of March. The bid was also approved via email by the board.

  4. The board received a bid to renew the property insurance. This was approved.

  5. The board approved John Coe’s request to consult with Gary Ackerman in regards to the legal documents for Saxony.

  6. The invoice for SGA was approved via email by the board.

  7. The board needs to meet for a property walkthrough review. A date will be decided upon in the near future.

  8. The Saxony HOA website is going to become easier to log into for residents. There will be an email sent to residents regarding this update.

  9. The board is finalizing a community newsletter with many updates about the community for the residents.

  10. The garage gate code will be changing. A letter will be sent out with notice to residents. Davis Door will advise on the process for changing the code. There will be a sign placed at the keypad alerting residents to the pending change.

Ongoing Projects

  1. Receipt reimbursements for board members.

  2. The construction project has been sent out for bid. This process could take several weeks to complete.

Meeting Adjourned @ 8:22 PM


February 11th, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted May 13, 2013, 6:52 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

February 11, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:00 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 5 board members present

Approval of January Minutes: Approved by board.


Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of January, the Association had the following funds:

Operating Cash                                                                                     $157,634.71

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $160,739.40

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $273,432.43

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $39,904.35

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $10,833.33

Total Cash:                                                                                          $632,794.22

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

None



Items of Note

  • The Board still needs to open a money market account for the Construction Defect Settlement funds, but we understand that this is being postponed until a loan has been secured so that the funds can be moved to the same bank.

  • We’ve completed the Insurance Claim for Building A. The 10k deductible is still unpaid by the homeowner, which shows as a negative 10K in the insurance claim sub-account.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                        $5,167.13

Over 30 days                                                                                          $3,765.86

Over 60 days                                                                                          $3,441.41

Over 90 days                                                                                          $59,259.39

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $5,977.66

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $65,656.13

 Homeowner’s Forum

  1. David Zeitlin, C building: Came in to discuss issues with the C building community environment. He is losing renter possibly due to how residents are treating each other in the C building.

  2. Caren Park, G building: Concerned the gate timing for the garage entrance is too short. The timing was recently decreased due to other resident’s security concerns. The board will monitor the gate and make adjustments as needed.

  3. Tim Jors, Unit 20: The western entrance into Saxony only has one Saxony sign lighting at night. This is due to a faulty wire, which will need to be repaired.

  4. Tyler, D building: D building eastside gate is not latching. Charter is looking into why this gate will not work correctly. Would also like code updates for the gates. Codes are likely going to be changed in the near future. Also, voiced concern over the condition of the planter boxes. The planters will be removed during the construction project, but we will get a quote from Greg’s Gardening to see what it would cost to maintain them in the meantime.

  5. Trisha Simon, Unit 19: She still cannot access the homeowner section of the Saxony HOA website. Peter will address this.



New Business

  1. Property management changes: Patrick Bybee will be replacing Marcel as the property manager. Patrick has been a property manager since 2004. Marcel will still be involved in operations and especially with the construction project.

  2. Bank Cards were signed and given to Marcel to update the HOA account information.

  3. Cabana Issues:

    1. The locks on the Cabana need to be changed. The board would like to rekey the patio doors, front door, the office, and utility room doors. The board would like there to be a switchable deadbolt on the patio doors for easier access. Furthermore, an electronic lock should be installed on the main door to give renters an easier option for access, rather than a key.

  4. Greg’s Gardening: Approved Greg’s bid to prune the trees around the property, especially near buildings are lights. This is a $2,500 expense.

  5. Split rail fence: Mike from Charter will be providing a quote to replace the fence due to its poor condition.

Ongoing Projects

  1. Parking: Parking enforcement has increased and as a result fewer residents are parking in visitor parking. All HOA owned parking spaces are now rented. When towing Mac Towing does require the person requesting the tow provide their name and address.

  2. Unit 21: Jordan will be changing the locks and possibly looking at putting this unit up for rent if the condition is good. The HOA could possibly use Miller Lane as a rental company to take care of the property. The HOA has approved this unit for rent.

  3. Website Issues: These have been fixed by Peter, and the website is now functioning correctly.

  4. Winter Newsletter: Cece wants board member input on what should be included in the newsletter. Board members are to submit their portions to Cece ASAP.

  5. Cameras: The board is looking into a camera system for the property due to continued illegal dumping at the dumpsters. This is also a good deterrent for vandalism and theft, and can help increase public safety. A system to cover the basics would be roughly $10,000 and a system to cover the complex about $18,000. This could be completed with the construction project. A gated entry to the complex is also an option, but would be very expensive. The camera system will be put to a vote by the residents for the construction project; otherwise it will be budgeted for next year.

  6. George Singer, construction project architect, did the damage estimate walkthrough. Repairs to units will be bid out on a per unit cost. This will provide a cost estimate for each type of unit.

  7. SGA Invoice: The board motioned to pay the invoice.

Meeting Adjourned @ 8:52 PM


January 14th, 2013 - Board Meeting

posted May 13, 2013, 6:49 PM by peterc@saxonyhoa.org

Saxony Owners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

January 14, 2013

Meeting called to Order @7:11 PM

Establishment of Quorum: 4 board members present

Approval of December Minutes: Approved by board via email.

 

Review of Monthly Financials

As of the end of December, the Association had the following funds:


Operating Cash                                                                                     $153,727.39

Settlement Funds in Operating                                                             $162,018.70

Insurance Claim – A Building                                                              ($10,000.00)

Petty Cash                                                                                             $250.00

Maintenance Reserves                                                                          $260,506.98

Insurance Reserves                                                                               $37,342.32

Insurance Reserves - FHA Deductible                                                 $10,000.00

Total Cash:                                                                                          $613,845.39

Outstanding Financial Commitments: 

$1,118.51, Accounts Payable


Items of Note

  • The Board still needs to open a money market account for the Construction Defect Settlement funds, but we understand that this is being postponed until a loan has been secured so that the funds can be moved to the same bank.

  • We’ve completed the Insurance Claim for Building A. The 10k deductible is still unpaid by the homeowner, which shows as a negative 10K in the insurance claim sub-account.

Delinquencies

Current Month                                                                                        $4,893.12

Over 30 days                                                                                          $3,615.68

Over 60 days                                                                                          $2,066.92

Over 90 days                                                                                          $58,234.35

Prepaid Assessments                                                                              $6,753.12

Total Outstanding Balances                                                                   $62,056.95

 Please see the Aged Delinquency Report for greater detail on unpaid balances 

Homeowner’s Forum

  1. C303 owner was unable to attend tonight’s meeting, but has been given the opportunity to attend in February.

New Business

  1. Per Marcel, the association needs to review governing documents to ensure the association can get a loan for the pending assessment.

  2. Winter Newsletter

    1. Suggestions to add to newsletter are, parking, a pet reminder, and the homeowner’s obligation to have homeowners insurance. Release date, to be in the next couple weeks.

  3. Unit 21, Babich

    1. Sold at sheriff sale. Will need to have the locks changed. NO ACTION REQUIRED AT THIS TIME.

  4. Saxony Security Issues

    1. We should change the codes to the garage gate & cabana door. The Cabana we can change the code manually each time a rental occurs. The garage gate code needs to change monthly. We will look into how to change this code. Peter wants to get an electronic lock for the cabana front door.

Ongoing Projects

  1. George Singer needs to inspect unit decks for the upcoming construction project. These are on track for inspection on January 28th. All of C, D, and E first floor units will need their decks to be inspected. Other decks around the complex will be spot checked.

  2. D102 update, no work has been done. Still waiting on updates.

  3. Garage gate update. Davis Door Service replaced pulley, sensor, and cord.

  4. Gutter Cleaning - Approved gutter cleaning from Roof Tech at $575, per multifamily building without moss treatment. Also, approved the cleaning of gutters on all townhomes at $75 each.

  5. Pest Control Bids - Sprague will spray perimeter monthly for aunts at $380. They will also spray buildings 10 at a time, each being treated 3 times a year. Willard’s, $600 for initial service, then $200 per month, 1/3 of the property each month. Bait stations recommended, $540 initial setup, and $180 per month. Pest Free, $40 each per townhome quarterly, multi-family buildings $79 per quarter. We are waiting on clarification of the bid from Pest Free. We will then decide which company to go with.

  6. Electrical and lighting in the HOA storage areas within the garage will be inspected due to non-working lights.

Meeting Adjourned @ 8:44 PM


1-10 of 18